Catfish Basics #029 – Five Basic Fishing Tips – Cooper Jackson
Ten-year-old Cooper Jackson is this month’s cover boy. He is lucky enough to have a catfishing father, Rusty Jackson, to take him fishing. Evidently, he has been paying attention on the river because he has some tips for other youngsters.
- Fishing is a lot like school. You need to do your homework to find fish because catching is the easy part.
- Don’t use sissy rods when trying to catch big catfish. They will break your stuff!
- Don’t miss them in the net, they could come off if they aren’t hooked good.
- Make sure they are really good and alive before you release them.
- And remember, if they are not biting, you can always start using the bathroom or open some candy to eat – that will make them bite for sure!