Fishing’s Future Contest Starts June 3
by Shane Wilson
Teaching kids the importance of Catch-Photo-Release
The fourth annual Fishing’s Future National Youth Catch-Photo-Release Contest began June 3, 2017. The total value of the grand prize package is more than $9,600 and it will be awarded to a young angler after the conclusion of the contest on August 12.
Fishing’s Future is America’s preeminent organization dedicated to helping young people and their families build better and deeper bonds using sportfishing as an educational, recreational and conservational rallying point. Thousands of families have been introduced to the sport by Fishing’s Future, and contests like this one and the sponsors supporting it ensure that fishing’s future will be bright for generations to come.
Each week, for 10 consecutive weeks, beginning June 3, Fishing’s Future will randomly select four winners to each receive a Shakespeare UglyStik rod and reel combo, Plano tackle box, Buff USA headgear, fishing line from McCoy’s Premium Fishing Line and Seaguar, plus a selection of Berkley lures and more.
After those weekly winners are selected, Fishing’s Future will hold a random drawing for three more prize packages, as follows:
- The 3rd Place prize winner will receive a Tenkara rod, hat, sticker, instruction video and flies valued at $200.00.
- The 2nd Place prize winner will receive a camping package from Bass Pro Shops valued at $700.00.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive a week-long vacation package to Texas’ beautiful South Padre Island for a family of four. It includes air fare, a six-day, five-night stay at the popular Schlitterbahn Beach Resort Water Park, a guided shark fishing excursion, a guided bay fishing trip for redfish and spotted sea trout, a vogue on the Black Dragon Pirate Ship, and much more. The Grand Prize must be scheduled and completed during the 2017 calendar year. The Grand Prize is valued at more than $9,600.
To enter, a contestant must be a resident of the continental United States both at the time of his or her catch and at the time of the prize drawing, born on or after August 12, 2017. In addition, he or she must make a legal catch of a fish of any species between June 3 and August 12, 2017 and complete an entry at www.FishingsFuture.org, which requires that he or she:
- provide a photograph of the contestant with the fish,
- release the fish alive and
- submit a 100-200-word essay or personal reflection he or she wrote about the catch.
Contestants may enter as many separate catches as they wish, but each catch may be entered only once and each catch requires a unique photo and story. All submissions become the property of Fishing’s Future and may be used to promote the contest or other organization efforts. Remember to #FishingsFuture when entering.
“At Fishing’s Future, we’re working to connect kids with nature and the outdoors and to build better and stronger family relationships,” says founder Shane Wilson. “There’s no better way to do that than through fishing. Our efforts have resulted in thousands of new anglers and an equal number of families bonding through the great outdoors.”
Sponsors include Bass Pro Shops, Berkley, Cabela’s Outdoor Fund, Buff, McCoy Premium Fishing Line, Plano, Schlitterbahn Beach Resort Water Park, Seaguar, Shakespeare, South Padre Island, Tenkara USA, Ugly Stik, Osprey Cruises, Jim’s Pier, Gabriella’s Italian Restaurant, The Palms Resort and Café, Blackbeard’s and Sea Turtle Inc.
About Fishing’s Future
Fishing’s Future uses recreational angling to connect children and their families to nature and each other through education and the protection, conservation and restoration of our nation’s aquatic natural resources.
Visit FishingsFuture.org to see our events calendar, donate used or surplus fishing gear to our “2nd Casts” program, form a chapter or donate much-needed support. All donations are tax deductible, lead directly to more angling participation and help to ensure fishing’s future.
Please follow and like us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram… and don’t forget to #FishingsFuture and fish!